Members are eligible to attend many training opportunities throughout the year. Trainings offered speak to local, regional, and state-wide needs.
- Various unit-specific training topics such as contracts, operating policies, and negotiations process and building membership.
- Members elected to leadership roles are invited and encouraged to attend annual Steward Workshop events that highlight leadership requirements.
- CORE and Regional events are hosted to bring units together for team building, networking, and perspective.
To register for or view the latest and upcoming events, members can login to MemberLink.
The Sue Ezell Leadership Award (SELA) was previously know as the MSEA Member of the Year Award. Sue Ezell was a member with strong beliefs in employee rights to representation, dignity, respect, and pay equity. Sue worked to form a bargaining unit at her own school and then took those ideals across Minnesota. Finding other like-minded school workers, they banded together to form Minnesota School Employees Association. Sue went on to serve on MSEA’s Board of Directors for several years, as well as two years as MSEA President. Her leadership was a guiding light during MSEA’s formative years and her example inspired a new generation of leaders. Sue was taken from us too soon – while serving as MSEA President, Sue lost her battle with breast cancer and passed away on December 12, 1990. The MSEA Board of Directors renamed the Member of the Year Award in Sue’s honor.
True leadership inspires action. Strong leadership nurtures growth.
Do you know a leader that deserves recognition for contributions to their unit? Nominate them for the annual Sue Ezell Leadership Award! Nomination forms and process information can be found on MemberLink.
The SELA is presented and celebrated at the annual MSEA Delegate Assembly. SELA recipients are brought to Washington D.C. the following year to be presented with the nationally recognized RISE Award. Nominate a strong leader!
Completed nominations can be sent to the MSEA office by mail or email.
Members receive discounts from thousands of retailers, travel sites, amusement parks and so much more.
- An online discount program offering convenient and easily redeemable savings on dining, shopping, hotel & travel, auto rental, entertainment, beauty & more! Over 300,000 participating national and local merchants.
- Discounted Unlimited Ride Wristbands for Nickelodeon Universe
Become a member to gain access to MemberLink and receive these discounts with an exclusive MSEA Member Code.
The MSEA Retirement Program offers members the opportunity to remain affiliated with MSEA as a NON-voting member. You will be able to maintain MSEA member benefits and attend all MSEA member events. A $25 annual fee will be collected from each retiree who chooses to sign up for the retiree program. Contact the MSEA office for an application.
Members can receive $25 from MSEA if they meet specific criteria:
- 62 years of age and;
- 5 years as a member in good standing.
A full-service, member-owned, member-operated, not-for-profit financial institution guarantees membership to those working in education, even after resignation or retirement.